Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Tropical Gardening - Jasmine (Jasminum Officinale)

I love Jasmine. I love the scent, I love the colour of purity. Hindus love to pay respect to their ancestors or deities with this flower. Asian women, used to apply Jasmine oil to their hair or body to enhance their womanly appeal. For me? I just hope my plant could flourish and once in a while offer me some pelasant fragrance.

Where to get
You can alwyas find jasmine at nurseries. They do not cost much. The price shoudl be around RM5. I recall a greedy tauke tried to sell me a jasmine plant at Rm15. Luckily I did not buy. But please note that there are fragrant type and there are normal beatiful type. I have chosen the fragrant type.
How to maintain
Very very simple! Give it a hot sunny spot, water well amd inhale. Just take note that these plant needs pruning.
Note:
Put a plate of Jasmine in your living room, and the whole area will be fragrant. No need all the synthetic air freshener. Natural living and beauty.

No comments:

Hello... Asia!

Namaste! Ni Hao! Apa khabar? Sawadika! Salam! Annyeonghasaeyo? Genki Desu Ka? Seen chaw! Kohomadha! Tashi Delay! Vanakkum! Mingalabar!