Thursday, August 09, 2007

To Anita With Love






<noembed>

"I wonder how many people will remember me after I leave the business for good. My hope is that when they feel bored and look at the stars in the sky, people will think of my name."
--- Anita Mui


Dear Anita,
I would like to tell you that you will never be forgotten. The spirit and bravery you left behind will live on for many many years to come.
I have always wondered how did I fell for your music, when I am not a strong follower of pop songs. I would like you to know that I was and am a fan of yours. I heard you on the radio when I was in primary school. And your image and music stuck with me ever since. Your music is catchy and lightening. Your music is also soft and heart wrenching.
I have always found your performance prowess unmatchable. Your singing, acting and performances were full of feelings. Your daring attitude in singing, performing and facing life is incomparable.
I hate it when many people felt sad for your life. I think that everything happens for a purpose. If not for this life, then I hope for your next life. Of course it would be even better if you do not have to go through another cycle of life. Let just bygones, be bygones.
My only regret is that I have never met you in person. I have not attended any of your concerts. But I truly want you to know that you will be remembered for all the greatness you have done.
I will remember your generosity to all your friends and young singers. I will remember your strong sense of responsibility for your family. I will remember your brave fight with all that life throws at you. I will remember all of you inside out from your music. The place where you seek solace and lash out.
With this, I celebrate your legacy!

No comments:

Hello... Asia!

Namaste! Ni Hao! Apa khabar? Sawadika! Salam! Annyeonghasaeyo? Genki Desu Ka? Seen chaw! Kohomadha! Tashi Delay! Vanakkum! Mingalabar!