Monday, November 03, 2014

"How to print chinese writing exercise from web applications" ~ A banana-mom's preparation for banana-kid's Primary Chinese School in Kuala Lumpur

What a long title, which kind of match the long process (in my mind) I am preparing myself and my PM for primary 1 in a Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan Cina (SJKC) or simply put chinese national school.

For a banana like me, I am not sure what to expect. I am not looking for a "Smart School" for PM. I am simply looking for a school that teaches chinese wihout all the stress. I do not think that is going to be easy. I will have to brace through this with PM.

By the way, PM was not expose to much chinese reading and writing until now (it is late, I know). PM will have to pick up speed now and learn as much as possible so that she can fit in comfortably when she reports to primary 1.

My bff offerred to tutor her (best thing happening for us, I could not ask for more).

She recommended this website http://www.yes-chinese.com/ with many forms of learning materials.

I use it mostly to print out writing exercises for PM to practice http://www.yes-chinese.com/zh-cn/wordcard/edit.html?cat=P3

For banana-moms, you can use google translate to translate the page and words.

This is how I do it:

1) Translate the intended words into simplified chinese


2) Copy and paste the simplified chinese words into the large-left box (highlighted in blue).
     Then click on the "Slide Show" icon-button on top (Preview)


3) You will get this page. If you are happy with what is shown, then click the red button for printing.


4) Tada.... Your kids have work to do!




No comments:

Hello... Asia!

Namaste! Ni Hao! Apa khabar? Sawadika! Salam! Annyeonghasaeyo? Genki Desu Ka? Seen chaw! Kohomadha! Tashi Delay! Vanakkum! Mingalabar!